Our fees to assist with transfer of shares is HKD1,500 per transfer + government stamp duty of HKD 5 + 0.26% of the amount of consideration or the value of shares, whichever is higher (the value of the shares is calculated based on the total equity of the company and its subsidiaries if any).
To determine the stamp duty, the following information is required:
- Number of shares and how many transferor(s) and transferee(s) are involved.
- Consideration for the transfer of shares (i.e. are shares being sold/purchased at $X), if any.
- Provide a recently issued audit report/or management accounts (Profits &Loss and Balance Sheet) of the Company. If you have not prepared management accounts for the company yet, note below:
- You have commenced business: You must prepare the management accounts. Shall you need our assistance with this, you can fill in our questionnaire to request a quote for our accounting service.
- You have never commenced business: Estimate of minimum stamp duty can be made based on total number of shares and share capital in the company and number of shares being transferred.
Document wise a transfer of shares can be organized with the details of the transferee (certified true copy of ID / Passport or Certificate of incorporation and address proof) and one of the following:
- For companies under 18 months old: Management accounts covering period up to the last 3 months.
- For companies over 18 months old:
- Audit issued within the last 6 months OR
- Audit over 6 months old + management accounts covering period up to the last 3 months.
- For companies that have never commenced any business , regardless of age:
- Letter declaring no business has commenced hence no audited accounts or management accounts have been prepared since incorporation, duly signed by a director.
Transfer of shares can be effected within 4-5 working days from the date original signed documents are received and filed at the IRD.